Best Airline Credit Cards
If you're looking for a great way to save on your next trip, consider signing up for an airline credit card. These cards offer special rates and discounts on airfare and benefits. So if you're planning a trip shortly, check out the following options.
1. Chase Sapphire Preferred®
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® card is one of the best airline credit cards in terms of the total value, with an annual fee of $95, offering two points per dollar spent on travel and dining expenses and one point per dollar spent on everything else. You can easily move around the country and enjoy international flights.
- Sign-up bonus of 60,000 points after $4,000 expenditure in the first three months.
- Points get redeemed for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
- Convert points into cash back at a rate of $1.25 per 100 points.
- Offers premium travel protection.
- No free checked bag, priority boarding, or other similar benefits.
2. Citi Premier®
The Citi Premier® card is among the best airline credit cards for international airlines readily available across the USA. Though the annual fee is $95, it offers 80,000 points after you spend $4,000 in the first three months. These points are valued at $0.018 per TPG assessment and are some of the most adaptable incentive currencies available.
- Earn 3X points for every dollar spent at restaurants, stores, petrol stations, airports, and hotels.
- $100 per year in hotel savings.
- Acceptance of points by 15 airline loyalty programs, including JetBlue and Virgin Atlantic.
- Get an extended warranty and damage and theft insurance.
- It doesn’t offer travel protection.
3. Capital One Venture X Rewards
This credit card is the best premium travel card accessible in the USA, offering a 75,000 miles bonus and the lowest minimum spending condition. Venture X is cheaper than its main rivals, with an annual price of $395. It is relatively simple to use, unlike other premium cards. You can recoup the card’s annual fee just by fully utilizing two of its main perks.
- Convert Capital One miles to hotels and airlines at a 1:1 ratio.
- Availability of gourmet grab-and-go meals, elegant work areas, and even Peloton studios for a preflight workout.
- Access more than 1,300 airport lounges globally by signing up for Priority Pass.
- $300 is only valid for reservations made through the Capital One Travel portal.
- A bit expensive.
4. The Platinum Card® for American Express
Regarding advantages and bonuses related to travel, the Amex Platinum is unrivaled. This card is available in the USA and worth the hefty annual fee if lounge access, elite hotel status, and yearly statement credits are crucial to you.
- The welcome offer has a TPG valuation of $2,000.
- Access to Centurion Lounges, free elite status with Marriott and Hilton.
- Over $1,400 in annual statement credits of various kinds.
- The $695 annual fee is only worth it if utilizing the card's full features.
- Not suitable for spending categories.
5. Alaska Airline Visa Signature®
This credit card is a winner because of its highly valued loyalty program, Alaska Airlines MileagePlan, and availability throughout the USA. Since Alaska joined the Oneworld Alliance, countless redemption options have been available. With an annual fee of $75, you receive 40,000 sign-up points while diversifying your rewards portfolio.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- It offers Alaska discounts, i.e., 20% redemption on in-flight purchases.
- Offers Alaska’s Famous Companion Pass for $121.
- Free checked bags.
- Poor daily rewards rate.
6. Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express
Delta SkyMiles offers the best airline credit cards across the country. They offer gold, platinum, reserve, and reserve business cards. The Delta SkyMiles Gold offers 40,000 points and valuable elite-type advantages, including priority boarding and a free first checked bag for occasional Delta travelers.
- No annual fee for the first year.
- It offers Main Cabin 1 priority boarding.
- On in-flight purchases, get 20% back as a statement credit.
- Excellent only for Delta flights.
- It doesn’t provide lounge access.
7. United ClubSM Infinite
With an annual fee of $525, this credit card offers you 10,000 points on spending $5,000 on purchases and an easy United Club membership. Also, you can earn rewards much faster (4X miles) with United purchases and 2X miles on dining. In addition, you can get two free checked bags on sign-up and easy access in the USA.
- Access to United Club and Star Alliance lounges worldwide.
- Get a $100 statement credit for Global Entry.
- 25% of the cost of onboard purchases is returned as a statement credit.
- Considered expensive relative to offers.
- Suitable for United Travelers primarily.
8. Citi®/ AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard®
The best credit card in the USA for American Airlines travelers who desire entrance to the Admirals Club lounge is the Citi®/ AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard. Additionally, it provides priority benefits and aids in achieving and maintaining elite rank.
- Earn a 50,000-mile sign-up bonus.
- Access to Admirals Club lounge.
- Provides priority check-in, boarding, and airport screening.
- Offers 25% inflight dining (without WiFi).
- It doesn’t offer travel protection.
- Miles redemption only for American Airlines.
9. Southwest® Rapid Rewards® Performance Business
The Southwest® Rapid Rewards® Performance Business credit card is the best option available in the USA for business travelers and devoted Southwest passengers eager to get an A-List status or a Companion Pass. In addition, it offers a good number of points, i.e., 80,000 for $199 only.
- It gives 9,000 extra points on cardmember’s anniversary.
- It offers $100 as Global Entry.
- It gives four upgraded boardings per year.
- Only Southwest loyals get the card benefits.
10. TD® Aeroplan® Credit Card
This credit card is one of the best airline credit cards that give you access to American and Canadian airlines. You can get it anywhere in the USA and Canada. It has an annual fee of $89, and you’ll get 10,000 welcome points and many other travel advantages, including free Uber pass membership (only for three months).
- It has unlimited free delivery on selected restaurants.
- Annual fee rebate for one year.
- Earn 50% extra Aeroplan points and 50% extra stars at Starbucks.
- Better alternatives are present in this fee.
When it comes to airline credit cards, there are a lot of them to choose from. However, the ten listed above are the best of the best.
They offer great rewards and benefits, making them perfect for anyone looking to earn travel rewards. If you're searching for an airline credit card, check out one of these top ten options.